1. Learn to take constructive criticism with grace and gratitude.
2. But don’t allow others to bully your sense of self and worth.
3. Tell the people you love why you love them and do it without it being a holiday or special occasion.
4. Understand that growth isn’t always linear and beating yourself up for “not being where you should be by now” is a toxic and fake construct placed on you by society.
5. In fact, go ahead and delete the entire idea of what “you should be here by now” is from your brain.
6. Don’t spend time with people who don’t reciprocate your love.
7. Choose a form of exercise you enjoy (not one that makes you miserable just because it’s supposed to be effective).
8. Invest in a skill you’ve always wanted to explore and take a class in it.
9. Apply to that job you’ve convinced yourself you aren’t qualified for.
10. Unfollow social media accounts that make you feel like shit.
11. Take ownership for your mistakes.
12. But also, forgive yourself for being human.
13. Make a concise step-by-step plan on how to achieve your next goal, be it big or small.
14. Practice appreciating your body not for its appearance, but for all the intricate, weird, and amazing things it does for you daily.
15. Tell a trusted loved one something you’ve held inside for too long.
16. Every now and then, switch out Netflix for a book.
17. Learn how to disagree with someone without exploding into an argument.
18. Put your phone away when you’re having lunch with a friend.
19. Reach out to someone you’ve wronged and tell them you’re genuinely sorry without expecting anything in return
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!